Affordability Process Feedback Desired
I am working on refining our recommended affordability process. This process should be usable for anything from IT systems to manned space systems. As of today the process steps are as follow.
Process steps include:
new Step 1 Procure Key Performance Parameters that are inviolate before affordibility goals
1. Identify Affordability Goals & Figures of merit (development, life cycle, payback, ROI, NPV, kill ratio, Budget constraints, etc.)
3. Gather Requirements, Features, performance
4. Define baseline alternatives (thanks for the feedback this was not on the original post)
5. Perform technical Design Analysis for each alternatives
6. Perform cost schedule analysis of each alternative
7. Assess benefits based on figures of merit
8. Perform Probabilistic Risk Analysis
9. Assess Alternatives & Select optimal Alternative
10. Document analysis and lessons learned (thanks for the feedback this was not on the original post)
This is going to be refined over the next few weeks but i would appreciate any feedback now. thanks.
Thank you for reading “Dan on Estimating”, if you would like more information about Galorath’s estimation models, please visit our contact page, call us at +1 310 414-3222 or click a button below to ask sales questions, sign up for our free library or schedule a demo.