IT Capability Maturity Framework (IT-CMF)
I am excited that IT business value is being addressed by The Innovation Value Institute (IVI) .
The Innovation Value Institute was co-founded in 2006 by the National University of Ireland Maynooth (NUIM) and Intel to help drive the transformation of IT management. Our goal is to create a global gold standard for IT management.
To achieve this goal, the Innovation Management Institute researches, develops, and disseminates empirically proven and industry validated IT best practice through a unique open collaboration between leading academic and industry practitioners. Through its consortium, IVI facilitates a collaborative community of like-minded peers committed to investigating, advancing and disseminating the frameworks, tools and best practices associated with managing IT Value and IT enabled Innovation. IVI is currently focused on extending the development and dissemination of the IT Capability Maturity Framework (IT-CMF).
Since its inception in 2006, the IT-CMF has been used by a variety of global organizations to solve a range of capability issues.
- IT capability measurement and improvement
- IT organizational design and capability management
- IT business alignment and leadership
- Organization benchmarking and best practice
- IT risk management
- Cloud computing (including services innovation and outsourcing
They have published an IT Capability Maturity Model that is very exciting in clarifying the whole issue of IT as business value. A graphic, copied from their web site follows:
The IT Capability Maturity Framework (IT-CMF) provides a capability maturity framework for Information technology including:
- Maps IT organizations onto a capability maturity model (33 capabilities within IT management)
- Provides practices, outcomes and metrics to improve capability maturity and consistency of results
- Enables assessment and benchmarking over time
- Encourages roadmaps with measures to improve maturity
- Offers best practice guidelines
- Comprises four macro-capabilities to emphasize their complexity and their importance in managing IT for business value.
Thank you for reading “Dan on Estimating”, if you would like more information about Galorath’s estimation models, please visit our contact page, call us at +1 310 414-3222 or click a button below to ask sales questions, sign up for our free library or schedule a demo.